September 28, 2013

September Favourites.

 

Hello Readers.

Today I will be doing my September Favourites post for you and I don't know about you but I can't believe that September is almost over. This year is flying by! It's true when they say "the older you get, the quicker time goes by". Before you know it Christmas will be upon us..

I've been a bit absent from my blog recently so I'd just like to apologize for that. I'm starting to feel motivated to get back into the swing of doing regular posts and have now found the perfect set up to photograph products! So let me know what you think of this new location. I think it's better then the floral bed sheets but that's my personal opinion! I'm still trying to find a good spot to do my OOTD shots however. I'm not really comfortable having my photograph taken in front of loads of people however now that I live in a city, I'm going to have to get over this. I'm never going to be able to make the most of my city background if I'm too scared to be seen doing my OOTD shots!

Anyway enough babbling and on with the post. This month I have 1 skincare favourite and 3 cosmetics favourites to talk about.



The first product I'm going to talk about is this Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub. I don't often talk about skincare products on this blog as I am useless at skincare. I just use whatever product is on offer usually. When doing my food shopping for my new flat, I picked this up on a whim. I've been using this for about a week now and I can honestly say that I really love it. My skin feels lovely and soft after I've used it and due to the pink grapefruit extract within this product it does leave a really uplifting and fresh feeling behind. I've been using this both in the morning when I get up and in the evening before I go to bed and I would say that my skin has been looking much better since using it. My boyfriend has also been using this and he loves it also! When I was a bit younger I found that my skin didn't really like Neutrogena products however I've had no problems with this one and will continue to use it.
 



The next product I have to talk about is Rimmel London's Match Perfection Foundation in Light Porcelain. I've been using this for months now so this is by no means a new product. I went through a quite a big stage of wearing either BB cream or just a powder instead of foundation, however since being away on holiday and gaining a tiny bit of colour I started using this again and have recently fallen in love with it again. This foundation is the lightest foundation I have personally ever come across and it suits me perfectly right now. It's a very light coverage foundation so those who like a lot of coverage may not like this one as much. I use about a pump and a half to cover my entire face and a little bit more on nights out. This foundation blends very easily and creates a sort of semi-matte finish. It looks very natural on the skin and feels very light also. The only negative criticism I would have to say about this product is that the pump does get very messy as shown in the image above. I do however love this foundation and will continue to re-purchase it.
 

The next product I have to talk about it another old product which I have recently fallen back in love with. This is Sleek's Blush in the shade Suede. Suede can only be described as a warm peachy toned bronzer, so it can easily be doubled up and used as a bronzer. At first glance, I'll admit it doesn't look like much however it really is beautiful. It's the perfect blush to use when you want to create quite a bronzed, contoured sort of look.This blush is super pigmented so a little goes a long way. I've had this blush for probably about a year now and I have only recently hit pan but ever so slightly as you can see from the slight dent in the image above. The compact is tiny however you get 8g of product in there so it should last you quite a long time. The compact itself is a very small and simple, matte black packaging with a mirror inside which is very handy. This is my only Sleek blush however I would happily purchase more as they all seem to be good quality products and for a fairly decent price too.
 

The final product I have to talk about this month is this Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in Starry - Eyed. Now that Summer is over and the colder months are upon us I'm itching to start wearing vampy looks. I've already been sporting a vampy look, quite a few times this month and this has been the lipstick that I've reached for. Starry - Eyed is a cross between a plum / red wine colour so it's a colour that I think will compliment a lot of different skintones. This lipstick is long lasting, super pigmented and like all of the lipsticks from the Lasting Finish line, it has a slight shine to it. I personally quite like this as it means it's more comfortable to wear. This lipstick retails around the £4 mark so it's really affordable and I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a good vampy lipstick!

That's all for this months favourites post. Please let me know what you think of this new set up to photographing products. I personally think I'm going to stick with this as it looks quite clean and shows of the products well, however I'd love to hear your opinions on it too.

I hope you're all well!

Paige.

2 comments:

  1. I have this blush shade and I love it for contouring and use as a bronzer. Like the lipstick colour too.

    Carrieanne x

    BeautiesUnlocked
    Blogluvin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it? Very useful little blush! Thank you :) x

      Delete