September 30, 2013

Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Retro Glam Mascara Review

 

Hello Readers.

Today I will be doing a review of Rimmel London's New Scandal Eyes Retro Glam Mascara. I don't often review mascaras as I personally feel like they all seem to do the same thing however as this is a fairly new product I thought that maybe it might be worth doing a review on. I picked this mascara up last week and have been using it for a few days now so I feel ready to discuss how I've got on with it.
 

This mascara is advertised as being able to create bold lashes and wide eyed volume. It also claims to create a false lash effect without clumps. I'd have to say that in terms of volume it's a bit of a let down. In the products defence though, I did not curl my lashes before using this product due to the fact that I am terrified of lash curlers and refuse to use them. So this could potentially be a good product if you curl your lashes in advance. It terms of lengthening it's quite good, it definitely helps to elongate my sad little stubby eyelashes and make them look a bit more feminine and pretty. In terms of clumps, it's not a bad mascara either. I mean if you whack on enough coats of any mascara you will end up inevitably with a few clumps here and there. The hour glass shaped brush helps to coat every lash evenly and stop them from becoming too clumpy and stuck together, thus avoiding the dreaded spider legs look. This mascara does make my lashes look very bold in comparison to their natural state and does fan my eyelashes out quite nicely which is something that I really like about this product.

In terms of packaging, I really like it. The packaging has a classic 60's monochrome look which is something that I love. It looks very sleek and clean and just very pretty in general. The chunky shaped tube helps to make this quite a stand out product and also makes it easier to find when you're rummaging around in your makeup bag, trying to get ready in the morning.
 


So overall it's not a bad mascara by any means. I've seen some reviews where people seem to have had no problems in terms of volume. So I guess it really does depend on your way of application and the state of your lashes to begin with. My lashes are tragically stubby and no mascara ever works wonders in terms of volume. I do however like how bold and intensely black this mascara is, in that sense it really does achieve the retro 60's vibe that it's aimed at re-creating.

This mascara retails for about £6.99 and is available at both Boots and Superdrug.

That's all for this review, I hope you find this somewhat interesting or maybe even helpful.
If you've used this mascara, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

I hope you're all well.

Paige.





2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this mascara before your post. I really like how it looks, definitely a 60's vibe :)

    xo,
    Mariamma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this review has been of use to you then! :) xx

      Delete