July 10, 2015

Vivid Hues - Photoshoot

It's been a while since I shared any of my photography work on my blog and as some of you will know photography is what I study at university. We're usually set a brief each term / week at uni so I have to create images which fit a few rules therefore for most of the year I was producing work that I wouldn't ever put in my own personal portfolio. However during our last term at uni our brief was completely self directed, meaning I could do whatever I wanted. I defaulted back to my usual interest which is fashion / beauty photography. This shoot in particular was beauty themed, focusing on dewy skin, strong brows and a bold lip. We switched the look up a few times, even deciding to change the theme completely at one stage and create a fake freckled look.Overall it was a really fun shoot and something a bit different for me. I've done a few beauty shoots before but this was my first one in the studio and my first using coloured card to create the bright backgrounds. The lipsticks, eyeliners and eyeshadows I featured in yesterdays post were all purchased and used in this shoot so as you can see the colour pay off from the £1 lipsticks is pretty impressive! 




I plan on doing a few more posts in the future to show more of my portfolio work, so if you're interested in seeing more of my photography then keep checking back or alternatively you can have a look at my photography page which I'll link below! 

Model: Chelcie @ Model Students
Hair: Savanna Kirkpatrick

Make-up: Chelcie
Photography: Myself

No comments:

Post a Comment