July 09, 2015

Beauty Haul

Today on my blog I'm going to be showing you a few products I've recently picked up during my last few trips to Superdrug. I've been going there a lot recently, picking up little basic things for myself and a variety of make-up bits and bobs for the photoshoots I've been doing as part of my last uni project. So with that being said, I finally felt like I had gathered enough items up to create a blog post. 
I'll begin with the only skincare products I picked up. The first thing was a repurchase of a favourite product of mine which is the Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser. I believe I've mentioned this a few times on my blog before so I won't say too much about it other than it's a firm favourite of mine that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a nice, light moisturiser especially for the Summer months. I then also picked up two packs of Superdrugs own Cleansing Facial Wipes for sensitive skin. They're really cheap and do a pretty good job at taking my make-up off when I'm feeling too lazy to do it properly so it's always handy having some of these laying around!
Next up is this Mitchum Roll on Deodorant. I've mentioned before on my blog that I'm really fussy with deodorants, I have no preference and find I get bored or go off the scent of them really quickly. I'm yet to find my perfect deodorant but I think (fingers crossed) that this one stands a pretty good chance. I've never heard of this brand before or noticed it in stores, however after noticing my mum had started using it and how good it smelt I decided to try it for myself. It was pretty cheap but so far I've been enjoying using it! I then also picked up the Miss Sporty Hollywood Lipgloss in the clear shade called Hollywood Boulevard. I'm not one for lip glosses however I picked this up to use for one of my photoshoots. I doubt I'd use this product for myself, however I will keep it in my kit for future shoot uses. 
On to eye products now. I picked up the Romantic Efflorescence palette from MUA which I've been looking at for a while and finally decided to try. It was only £4 so it was really affordable. I needed a purple eyeshadow for a 70's glam rock inspired shoot I was doing and this palette had the perfect shade in it so I finally had a reason to justify picking it up! I'm yet to really use this palette myself, so until I do I won't say much else about it. I also picked up 3 different eyeliners, I picked up my usual Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner, however I picked up the brown shade rather than my usual black as I wanted to create a fake freckle look in one of my beauty shoots. Continuing on with my quest to find the ideal freckle faker I also picked up a brown pencil eyeliner from MUA which comes with a spooly on the other end. So handy and I'm pretty sure it was only a £1! I then decided to stray away from my typical eyeliner and went with the Miss Sporty Studio Lash The Miaoww Look Eyeliner. I've been using this for a few weeks now and I absolutely love it. In fact, I think it may even replace my collection one as my favourite eyeliner. The nib is so thin which allows me to create really precise lines and sharp flicks. 
I went a bit crazy for lipsticks as I was doing a beauty shoot which involved neon lip colours being the main focal point of the look. As I knew I was picking up multiple bright shades (which chances are I wouldn't ever use myself) I decided to stick to cheap and cheerful brands. I picked up two from MUA and two from Make-up Revolution - all of which I believe were about £1. The Orange Lipstick is from Make-up Revolutions Scandalous collection and is in the shade "Vice". The purple Make-up Revolution lipstick is in the shade "Depraved". The MUA lipstick in the white bullet is in the shade "Peachy Keen" and the MUA lipstick in the black bullet is in the shade Persian Rose. Despite all lipsticks only costing a £1, the colour pay off is really quite amazing. I was really impressed with how well they worked for my photoshoot and some of the colours could be quite wearable if a bright lip is something you're in to. 


That's all for this beauty haul, although I have been shopping again recently (whoops) so expect another haul very soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment