June 10, 2013

Overrated Products #2: Nars Blush in Deep throat



Hello Readers!

Now today I come at you with another addition to the Overrated Products posts. The product I'm going to feature today is probably a bit controversial but this is my personal opinion on it. The product in today's post is Nars Blush in the shade Deep throat. Now for those of you who have been keeping up with my blog for a while, you will have noticed that I featured this blush in my "Top 5 Blushes" post a little while back. Now don't get me wrong, I do like this blush. However, this blush was so hyped up and I bought it having such high expectations that it just didn't live up to.
 
 I purchased this blush from the ASOS website sometime back in January. It came at the hefty cost of £21.50 and that's not including the price of delivery. This blush isn't cheap and I think that plays a factor into why I ended up being so disappointed in it.
My first impressions of this product when it arrived was that the packaging was beautiful. I loved the sleek black look of the compact.
This was my first product from NARS so I was really happy to finally own something from this brand.

The colour of this blush in the pan is a very deep pink colour with lots of little gold shimmers through out. This blush is described as sheer so I knew that I wouldn't be able to transfer that exact colour on my cheeks, however I'd say that sheer is an understatement! This blush transfers terribly, which is not something I'd expect from a product that is so pricey. The pigmentation of this blush is the downfall of this product. You have to keep building it up until you can finally see any form of colour on your face.



I'm quite a pale person (think porcelain) so I couldn't believe how hard I was finding it to make this product show up on my skin. I wore this to college the day after I got it and I had friends ask if I even had any blush on. So that should give you an idea as to how sheer this blush is! Thankfully, this blush isn't very powdery so this therefore allows you to build up the colour without creating a cakey look on your face and without much fallout. Now once you've built it up enough, it does create a nice healthy flush of colour on your cheeks which is very blendable. But for a product so pricey, surely you shouldn't have to pack it on to see any result? Now admittedly, I made a mistake by not reading many online reviews before purchasing this product, as quite a few people have said that it is very, very sheer. But there are a few mixed reviews where some people have said they love it and think it's great, whereas a few people have said something similar to what I've said.
 

I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone with a darker skin tone to myself, as I feel like you'd have a hard time getting much colour pay off from this product. Which even I have experienced as a girl with very fair skin! I feel like I was sort of drawn into purchasing this product by the packaging and to some extent the name. I mean, who doesn't want to own one of the cheekily named Nars blushes? Surely I'm not the only one! It's a clever marketing technique by Nars which helped to build up hype about the product, and who could blame them as it's proven that it works! Is it any wonder why Orgasm (another one of their blushes which is similar to Deep Throat) is one of their best selling products?








I did swatch the blush on my wrist here but as you can see, it's really not very visible at all. The camera has not picked it up in the slightest.










When using the flash from my camera, you can see the colour a bit better. However it's still very subtle.










 
 
 
So overall I'd have to say that yes, this product is very overhyped. The colour pay off is so bad, and nothing can excuse that. I do love this blush when the colour has built up but it's just too expensive and simply just not worth the money.

Have you ever used this blush? What do you think of it? Let me know!

Paige.



2 comments:

  1. Very happy I read this because I was close to getting a NARS blush product. Is there any blushes you do recommend? I'm quite pale but use a gradual tan most days so I'm not too pale!

    llh x

    www.lauralouisehaynes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend any blush from Sleek! They're all super pigmented, there's a great colour range and they're really affordable :) Love your blog by the way! x

      Delete