June 24, 2015

Pamper Evening



Every now and again it's always nice to have a little pamper evening and treat yourself. As I briefly mentioned in my last post I've had a bit of bad luck with my health recently and after numerous blood tests, doctors appointments and the surprising admission into hospital I have actually been diagnosed with Crohns disease. A long term condition with no current cure. So with that being said after a bit of moping around and feeling sorry for myself I decided I was definitely in need of a little pamper evening! So here's a round up of some of the products I reach for when I'm in need of a little pick me up..


Let it be said now that I have a rubbish skin care routine, I make no effort with my skin so when I do have a pamper evening I really like to give it a deep cleanse. Although not everybody's cup of tea I personally really like to use pore strips as I do get quite a lot of blackheads. There's something just so strangely satisfying about ripping one of these off and seeing how many blackheads you've been able to get rid of. (Gross but accurate right?) I don't tend to have a favourite brand, I just tend to pick up whatever happens to be on offer at the time. On this particular occasion I just so happened to have the T-Zone nose strips although I do also use Superdrugs own brand ones from time to time.


Afterwards I like to use a face mask, my favourite one at the moment is the Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask from The Bodyshop. This face mask is catered towards those with more Combination / Oily skin as it does contain alcohol and therefore really does draw out any excess oils and dry the skin out. The Bodyshop recommend using this up to two times per week however I personally think for my skin that's a little excessive which is why I chose to use it very occasionally. If I'm having a bad time with spots or if I'm having a pamper evening I'll simply apply a thin layer of this, leave it for 10 minutes and then wash it off in the sink or in the shower. It really helps dry out any spots you may have and leaves the skin feeling really tight and clean.


After I've cleansed my skin I like to use a little of my Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser to help return some of moisture back into face and to overall help feel really refreshed and clean. As I've said before on my blog this is such a lovely moisturiser, it feels so lightweight and not greasy in the slightest so it's perfect to pop on just before jumping into bed or in the Summer when it's too hot for heavy products.


 If I've had a shower I also like to sit down and take the time to moisturise my body, focusing particularly on my legs and feet as I find they get quite dry from time to time. For this I use The BodyShop Satsuma Body Butter which retails for about £5. This body butter is really thick, creamy and luxurious so you don't need to use a lot of product. I will warn you however that the scent is a dividing point. It is incredibly strong and does hang about so if you don't like strong smelling products or the smell of Satsuma then this isn't the product for you! This product leaves my skin feeling really hydrated, really soft and I truly feel pampered after using it. 


After all that pampering it's time to light a candle, settle down in some comfy pyjamas and pull out a good book. The candle I have at the moment is a Pink Dragon Fruit one by Yankee Candle which smells lovely although my personal favourite has to be the Strawberry Buttercream one which is to die for! The book I'm currently reading is 50 Ways To Find A Lover by Lucy - Anne Holmes, I'm not very far into it so there's not much I can say for now other than the fact that it's the ideal sort of book for me. Light hearted, amusing and easy to get into. An ideal book to wind down with after a stressful day! The chocolate is optional of course but come on, what's a pamper night without a bit of chocolate?





No comments:

Post a Comment