May 28, 2013

Underrated Products #1: GOSH BB Cream.



Hello Everyone! Sorry it's been so long since my last post. I've been so busy with college that I've had no time to be blogging! I'm coming to the end of my college course now so hopefully my posts will become a bit more regular.
Right anyway, enough of the excuses! I've decided to start doing a few posts on products which I think are underrated and overrated. This is my first underrated product post so I hope you enjoy, and find this somewhat helpful!

The product I'm going to feature in my first underrated product post is, GOSH BB Cream. Now GOSH is a brand of makeup that I don't often venture into. I think I own possibly one other product from GOSH and that would be a cream blush. I never really feel compelled to look at any of their products and when I do, I normally find myself being put off by the price as most products are around the £7 and upwards mark. Now, I know to some people that won't seem like a lot of money, but to me it just seems a bit much, especially when you can get a similar product from another brand, a few pounds cheaper!


 
It was back in January, whilst I was in Superdrug, I happened to have a look at the GOSH stand and came across their BB cream. At that moment in time, I was interested in BB creams but was yet to come across one that was pale enough for my skin tone, as most BB creams that I had previously swatched seemed too orange and their shade range just wasn't that great.

I picked up GOSH BB Cream in shade "Sand", which I was a bit sceptical about as usually sand is quite a dark shade in most other makeup brands. However sand is the lightest of the GOSH BB creams, from their shade range of 5 colours.

I've used this product many times since purchasing it a few months back and I've been so amazed with how great it is. Considering how good the product is, I was surprised to see the lack of interest of it online. I've seen barely any video reviews on the product, and very few blog posts whatsoever! So this is why I've decided to feature it in an underrated products post, so hopefully this product gets the attention I think it so rightfully deserves.

I'll start off by saying that the colour is the perfect match for my skin tone, which I really didn't expect considering the name of the shade. I find it really difficult finding products that match my skin tone as I'm quite pale so it was really did surprise me. This product has a really light, creamy texture which blends into the skin beautifully. It has a light to medium coverage, as you would expect from a BB cream. It sits lovely on my skin, not drying, cakey, or greasy at all. This product is also quite long lasting, I find that I can put it on in the morning, go off to college and come home 8 hours later, with it still on, looking more or less the same as it did in the morning. This product just creates a your skin but better look, which I really like.

GOSH BB Cream retails in Superdrug and costs £10, which isn't too bad for a product that lasts such a long time and sits so lovely on the skin!
 
 

I hope this post is somewhat helpful to those of you who are searching for a good, pale BB cream. Have you tried this product, or anything similar you could recommend me?
Let me know!



Paige.